Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Needlepoint Stockings

Needlepoint stockings are wonderful family heirlooms. Old fashioned yes, but always lovely.
Stitchbirds in Greenbrae has one of the most amazing collections of needlepoint designs in the country, and I fell in love yesterday. For years I have walked by this beautiful shop and thought that I should start the tradition of making a stocking for each member of my family. This is a project that will take a very long time, but it will be worth it. I feel a little like a grandma, but my grandmas are awesome. There really is no substitute for the gifts you make yourself, and I know that this stocking, (and the one I will have to make after it) will be loved.
Stretched on a frame
Last night's progress. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment